Areas of Expertise:
- Education and certification programs
- Volunteer leadership
- Database operating systems
Coulter Senior Associate Khunteang Pa has worked with various not-for-profit organizations primarily focused on education and certification, which led her to her current position as Senior Director of Programs for Coulter client, the International Association for Continuing Education & Training (IACET). Since 2006, Pa has been responsible for directing and implementing IACET activities, meetings and programs. She utilizes her process-oriented skills to continuously work to identify areas for enhancement within the organization to include streamlining the Authorized Provider (AP) accreditation program, database operating systems and other areas related to the management of the organization. In addition to this, Pa oversees and manages the activities of key volunteer leadership groups responsible for the development and maintenance of the ANSI/IACET Standard for Continuing Education and Training, and the review of the AP applications.
Prior to joining IACET, she served as the Director of Certification at the Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America, where she was responsible for the management of their international certification programs and educational program offerings. Pa also served as the Certification Coordinator for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board, where she managed the certification and activities of over 225,000 certificants and forged relationships with national drugstore chains such as Walgreens, CVS and Rite Aid to engage their pharmacy technicians in attaining the Certified Pharmacy Technician certification.
Pa is a graduate of The George Washington University (GW), where she earned an undergraduate degree in psychology from the Columbian School of Arts and Sciences. She was selected to join GW's elite Women's Leadership Program in Science and Technology and was a recipient of GW's Presidential Academic Scholarship.
Pa currently resides in Northern Virginia with her husband.
Now, here's the back story on Khunteang:
- Hometown: Arlington, VA
- First car: White Volkswagen Golf
- Superhero power I wish I had: Freeze time
- Television show or movie most resembles my current life: Mad About You
- App I can’t live without: MakeupAlley
- Favorite guilty pleasure: The Real Housewives franchise
- Three publications I’d recommend for anyone who does what I do: 1) ANSI/IACET Standard for Continuing Education and Training; 2) ANSI Essential Requirements: Due process requirements for American National Standards; and 3) Associations Now Magazine
- What I do on my “free” time: Catch up with family and friends
- If I could travel anywhere in the world, I would go…: Maldives
- Advice I would give my “younger self”: Don’t be afraid to take the first step and take a leap of faith.
- How my life has changed since I joined Coulter: I’ve gained confidence through the experiences I’ve had at Coulter.
- At the end of the day…: Everything that happens, happens for a reason.
“To do the work you love and feel that it matters; how could anything be more fun?”