Kartraice D. Hooper, CMP
Areas of Expertise:
- Sophisticated timeline and logistics management
- Gaining productivity and economic results from client/vendor relationships
- Technology applications that add event impact
- Injecting creativity into event conceptualization
Senior Events Manager Kartraice Hooper joined Coulter in 2010. In this capacity, she provides event-management services for all Coulter Nonprofit Management clients, coordinating advance and onsite logistics for conferences, trade shows, workshops, award ceremonies, education programs and other in-person gatherings. She also serves as a key member of the Coulter Events business unit, which conceptualizes, designs and produces live events for public and private organizations.
Hooper began her career in July 1999 as a conference coordinator at the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®. Over the years, her responsibilities included managing attendee correspondences and logistical arrangements for International CES® and CEA stand-alone events and executive programs. From 2003 to 2006, Hooper managed the VIP Buyer Program for the International CES®. Through streamlining and new marketing tactics, she increased VIP buyer participation by 145% since its inception in 1997. In August 2006, Hooper successfully passed the CMP exam and became a Certified Meeting Professional.
In 2008, Hooper was promoted to senior manager of conferences and events at CEA. She was responsible for the overall managing of the CEO Summit, the International CES® New York Press Event and the Industry Forum, CEA’s annual membership meeting. She was also primarily responsible for CEA event site selections and contract negotiations.
Hooper earned a bachelor’s degree in human communications from Howard University in Washington, D.C., where she majored in legal communications and minored in history.
Hooper currently resides in Arlington, Virginia.
Now, here’s the backstory on Kartraice…
- Hometown: Detroit, MI
- First car: Cutlass Ciera
- Superhero power I wish I had: Teleportation – can you imagine no waiting in traffic, the extra time to do your errands; endless benefits
- Television show or movie most resembles my current life: The Biggest Loser – guess why…? Seriously, it’s a NYE resolution.
- App I can’t live without: Flipboard
- Favorite guilty pleasure: Watching hours of TV (not reality though).
- Three publications I’d recommend for anyone who does what I do: Biz Bash for creative ideas; The Convention Industry Council Manual for standard industry practices; Any subscription to your favorite food magazine (I personally like Food & Wine), it keeps you abreast of new F&B trends.
- What I do on my “free” time: Relax by shopping, drinking cocktails, reading, listening to music. Basically, anything that brings me pleasure J.
- If I could travel anywhere in the world, I would go…: Australia, mate!
- Advice I would give my “younger self”: Take more chances – failing isn’t as big of a deal as you may think.
- How my life has changed since I joined Coulter:
- At the end of the day…: I’m grateful for the family and friends in my life.
“To do the work you love and feel that it matters; how could anything be more fun?”