Senior Manager, Enterprise Operations
Areas of Expertise:
- Computer hardware and software troubleshooting
- Database management
- Office management
Hector Jimenez joined Coulter in 2007 and manages the computer hardware and software-related issues as well as develops and modifies new database applications. Jimenez's previous experience includes office management, information technology, server maintenance, database management, account receivables, bank reconciliations, payroll processing and inventory management. He is certified in various programs ranging from Microsoft Office to accounting software to database management systems.
Jimenez is fluent in verbal and written Spanish. He received his degree in Business Administration from Walden University in Baltimore, Maryland.
Jimenez resides in Burke, Virginia.
Now, here's the backstory on Hector:
- Hometown: Falls Church, Virginia.
- Parents: My father was the principal of the private school I attended as a child; so as you can imagine getting in trouble at school was no fun when I was sent to his office. He currently teaches for Fairfax County Public Schools. My mother is a retired accountant.
- Favorite TV shows as a kid: Thundercats (HOOOOO!), Challenge of the Superfriends, GI Joe and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- Spent my youth: Getting into trouble and playing video games. I grew up in a very close-knit family environment so most of my childhood activities involved spending time with my siblings and cousins.
- Thing I hate to admit, even to myself: I am a perfectionist and a clean freak.
- Hobbies: Reading up on changing technology, watching movies, and I still enjoy spending quality time with my family and close friends.
- First "paycheck" job: Working at a drycleaners after classes my junior year of high school. No cleaning was done onsite so I always got my homework done!
- First car: A 1988 Toyota Corolla when I was 17. I nicknamed it Chewie (after Chewbacca from Star Wars). The noise it made when I turned the wheel was identical to Chewie's.
- First job after college: I worked at an association management company in Falls Church, starting as the mailroom foreman and ending up as the facility manager. I worked there for four years and I am still grateful for all the skills I acquired while working there.
- Thing you would most likely learn about me in the first five minutes of conversation: I'm Dominican and I'm crazy over my two little nieces.
- Myers-Briggs Type: ENFJ
- Personal quote: "Show others the same respect you would expect in return."
- Perfect happiness is: Relaxing on a beach in the Caribbean with not a care in the world, surrounded by my favorite people.
- If I had to do it all over again: I would have no regrets.
“To do the work you love and feel that it matters; how could anything be more fun?”