Elisa Perodin, CMP, CEM
Vice President, Coulter
Managing Director, Coulter Events
Areas of Expertise:
- Event conceptualization
- Event planning and logistics
- Exhibitor and vendor relations
- Contract negotiations
- Budget management
Elisa Perodin joined Coulter in 2007. As vice president, Perodin specializes in event-management services for all Coulter Nonprofit Management clients, as well as oversees the Events Department in the coordination of logistics for conferences, trade shows, workshops, award ceremonies and other education programs. She also spearheads the Coulter Events business unit, which conceptualizes, designs and produces live events for public and private organizations.
Before joining Coulter, Perodin served as director of convention operations for the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB), where among other responsibilities she managed and implemented pre-show, onsite and post-show operational and logistical activities for the annual NAB Show, which draws more than 100,000 attendees and 1,200 exhibitors. She also served as senior conference manager for Nielsen Business Media, formerly VNU Expositions, and as meetings coordinator for the Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development.
Perodin is a member of the International Association for Exhibitions and Events. In 2008, she earned both the Certified in Exhibition Management and the Certified Meeting Professional designations. She graduated summa cum laude with a degree in communications from
Perodin, her husband, Dave, and two children reside in
Now, here's the backstory on Elisa…
- Hometown: Bellaire, Michigan
- First car: 1990 Dodge Shadow
- Superhero power I wish I had: To fly like Superman – it would be awesome to be able to get to/from anywhere in the D.C. area and have to sit in traffic!
- App I can’t live without: Facebook
- Favorite guilty pleasure: Chocolate
- Three publications I’d recommend for anyone who does what I do: Convene; Smart Meetings; Connect
- What I do on my “free” time: Workout or go shopping. I like to think shopping qualifies as a workout.
- If I could travel anywhere in the world, I would go…: Anywhere warm and sunny with beautiful water and beautiful beaches.
- Advice I would give my “younger self”: Don’t worry so much about what other people might think.
- How my life has changed since I joined Coulter: I have gained such wonderful new friends in my colleagues here, so grateful for the people I work with everyday!
- At the end of the day…: Life is a gift, make the most of every day!
“To do the work you love and feel that it matters; how could anything be more fun?”