Senior Vice President, Coulter
Managing Director, Agency Coulter
Areas of Expertise:
- Conceptualizing and delivering on “the new luxury” of custom experiences for sophisticated corporate clients and their top customers
- Sourcing strategic partnerships and marketing alliances in the luxury brand and financial services sectors
- Making the impossible possible
Blake Kotenbrink joined Coulter in 2011 as Vice President, Corporate Experiences. In this role, Kotenbrink leads a team which conceptualizes and delivers tailored events and experiences to top corporations and their most valued clients. Corporate sectors served include financial services, insurance, healthcare, hospitality, fashion and luxury automotive.
Before joining Coulter, Kotenbrink served for six years as the vice president of luxury marketing and experiential events at a New York City-based agency, during which he delivered literally hundreds of “once in a lifetime” experiences leveraging relationships in the fashion, culinary, wine & spirits, sports and hospitality community.
Kotenbrink honed his global view of event-driven experiences while working in Barcelona, Spain for one of the world’s largest privately held real estate companies, where he oversaw marketing, communications, and special events for a newly developed commercial center. Kotenbrink’s additional executive experience focused on communications and special events for iconic fashion enterprises such as Saks Fifth Avenue, Dolce & Gabbana and Versace.
Career highlights include the Chanel Mobile Art Project, experiential event marketing for American Express Platinum and Centurion Card Product, The Rolex Transatlantic Challenge, the inauguration of Barcelona’s Diagonal Mar Commercial Center, as well as multi-market grand openings for Saks Fifth Avenue.
Kotenbrink earned an undergraduate degree in consumer marketing from the University of Houston. He resides in Washington, D.C.
Now, here's the backstory on Blake:
Hometown: Montecallo, Iowa, a small-town kid with an urban sensibility and attitude.
- Parents: My father owned a hair salon, mom was a bank loan officer.
- Favorite TV show as a kid: Brady Bunch and Square Pegs.
- Spent my days as a youth: Swim Team, Drum Corps.
- Thing I hate to admit, even to myself: I spend waaaaay too much on clothes …I keep telling myself that if I’m going to be delivering tailored events, I can justify a bit of bespoke tailoring myself!
- Hobbies: Swimming, art, and music ... and of course, I’m a committed foodie.
- First "paycheck" job: Sacked groceries (in Iowa, we say “sacked” instead of “bagged”) at a food store when I was in high school. The tips were great and I have to admit to still being a bit compulsive about all things related to organization and order.
- First car: Toyota Pick-up – a Texas staple.
- First job after college: Buyer for Adrianne Vittadini.
- Personal quote: “The difficult we can do today … the impossible takes slightly longer”
- Perfect happiness is: Sunrise on the beach and the last ski run of the
day – preferably on the same day.
“To do the work you love and feel that it matters; how could anything be more fun?”