People. Purpose. Performance
Lisa DiBenedetto, CMP
Senior Manager, Events
Areas of Expertise:
- Events logistics management
- Venue contract negotiation
- Wine and Cuisine event development and execution
- White Gloves customer service
Lisa DiBenedetto joined Coulter in 2007 as a Meeting Coordinator and has been promoted twice, currently serving as Manager, Events. Lisa serves an array of Coulter’s nonprofit and corporate clients, providing complex event planning and on-site logistics management for a variety of events, from specialized small group recognition events to nationally prominent Awards programs.
Before joining Coulter DiBenedetto spent five years honing food and wine skills while working in a prominent woman-owned wine retail establishment. Lisa developed and executed programs for all in-store events, including wine and cuisine tastings, festival participation and exclusive wine club special events. Prior to following her passion around event development and execution, DiBenedetto spent 12 years working in commercial real estate.
In 2008 DiBenedetto received her Certificate in Meeting and Events Management and in 2011 successfully earned her CMP designation. She is preparing to sit for her CSES certification exam. DiBenedetto is also a member of International Association of Exhibitions & Events (IAEE).
DiBenedetto, her husband, Jeff, and 3 daughters reside in Bristow, Virginia.
Here's what Lisa is talking about:
Now, here's the backstory on Lisa:
- Hometown: Bristow, Virginia
- First car: Ford Granada
- Superhero power I wish I had: I wish I could fly.
- Television show or movie most resembles my current life: Amazing Race.
- App I can’t live without: Words with Friends
- Favorite guilty pleasure: Watching the “Housewives Realty Show”.
- Three publications I’d recommend for anyone who does what I do:
- I find inspiration from many sources, most in fact are non- industry publications; for example In-Style, Wine Spectator, Food and Wine to name a few. But a few of my industry favorites are BizBash and prevue.
- What I do on my “free” time: I have 3 children and I love to entertain, so the reality is in my “free” time I am still planning.
- If I could travel anywhere in the world, I would go…: Bora Bora
- Advice I would give my “younger self”: Trust and listen to your inner voice, she is right!
- How my life has changed since I joined Coulter: In short, my life has changed radically. I joined Coulter with the idea I would stay until I finished school, then I would leave to work full time in events somewhere else. Now 5 years later, the realty of the events, clients and the people I work with everyday, has far exceeded any vague ideas I had about my career in the most positive way.
- At the end of the day…: I love to unwind with a glass of wine while I fix dinner and catch up with my daughters. It is an organized ciaos I just love.
“Human beings can only grow because each of their 100 trillion cells holds the capacity to execute the entire life cycle. Likewise, an organization can only grow when every individual carries its vision, and proactively puts into place the means to implement that vision.”
– Chris Meyer, Director,
the Cap Gemini Center for Business Innovation